Johnston Creek Naturalisation Project
City of Sydney Council
Johnstons Creek was in need of repair. Instead of replacing the channel like for like with concrete, the creek was naturalised between Rozelle Bay and The Crescent. The project involved:
- Replacing the old concrete banks with sandstone and native plants
- Creating a natural planted stormwater system (wetland) in Federal Park near Dalgal Way
- Expanding the salt marsh around the creek and creating intertidal rock pools
- Creating a boardwalk, paths and new seating replacing the old footbridge near Dalgal way
- Construction started in January 2020 and finished October 2021.